Discovery Research and Partnership
Associate Dir or Director
Head of Department
Responsible for the management of specific collaborations / alliances with academic institutions / labs / or affiliated incubator companies to achieve the strategic objectives of the partnership by optimizing our relationships and resolving issues to minimize risks. The successful candidate should have strong communication or interpersonal skills in order to facilitate discussions and resolve any issues between I-MAB Discovery and our partners with the goal of delivering value to both parties. The candidate will report to the Head of Research and Partnership.
- Building strong relationships with all key stakeholders in the collaboration.
- Partner with steering committee members involved in collaborations to resolve issues and help imbed partnering best practices within our collaboration teams.
- Help support and evolve the partner focused collaborative culture at I-MAB.
- Independently manage complex collaborations.
- Proactively monitor all aspects of the partnership and identify potential issues and possible solutions; gaining internal alignment and taking accountability for closure.
- Manage dispute resolution and engage internal and external decision makers.
- Manage collaborations consistent with the contract and governance structure; including organizing and facilitating governance meetings (e.g. joint steering committees).
- Partner with Head of R&P and BD to renegotiate any necessary amendments.
- Monitor the health and effectiveness of the partnership.
- Support the smooth and effective transition from the deal execution to launch of the collaboration.
- Manage day to day issues arising from the collaboration – by working with Project Manager.
- Interpersonal communication skills a must.
- Deep understanding and leadership experience in the following areas:
- Drug Discovery
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to lead by influence
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate complex issues
- Understand and manage all contractual obligations with partners
- Strong active listening and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated relationship management and negotiation skills
- Capable and comfortable managing shifting priorities in a rapidly changing environment
- MBA and/or PhD or equivalent experiences a plus.
- 5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry with first-hand experience in the management or working within research, development or commercial alliances or management of development stage programs.