Data Science Lead
The Translational Medicine team at I-MAB Biopharma US Limited located in San Diego, California is seeking a highly motivated Translational Data Science Lead (TDSL), at Principal Scientist/Senior Scientist level, to develop and execute the translational data science strategy for portfolio assets. Using data driven approach, the successful candidate will be responsible for generating novel and proprietary insights for portfolio assets and actionable hypotheses for indication selection, patient stratification, and combination strategy. Working closely with the Clinical Biomarker team, the TDSL will lead the analysis of clinical biomarker data to enable Go/No-Go decision and support the programs as they advance through development. The position will report to the head of Translational Medicine team in US.
The successful candidate must have a good understanding of immune-oncology, and with a strong background in computational biology, genetics, and data science. The candidate will be effective in the use of relevant computational tools and demonstrate advanced data analysis techniques to high-dimensional biological data. Further, the successful candidate will have a strong oral and written communication skills, be able to effectively collaborate and partner with multiple internal and external teams.
- Define and apply computational biology, genetics, and data analytics approaches to enhance disease and pathway understanding for portfolio assets, and to generate actionable hypotheses for indication selection, patient stratification, and combination strategy
- Identify and manage leading service providers in computational biology and data sciences to execute translational data science strategy
- In partnership with Clinical Biomarker team, lead the analysis of clinical biomarker data to enable Go/No-Go decision, to elucidate the mechanism of action of therapeutic assets, and to identify biomarkers in predicting clinical response
- Drive technical excellence and robustness in data analysis and maintain a state-of-the-art knowledge in computational biology and data sciences
- PhD degree in Systems Biology, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Immunology, Cancer Biology or related field, with 2-5+ years post-graduate industry experience
- Extensive experience gaining biological insights in analyzing high-dimensional biological data
- Experiencing using coding languages such as Python or R, to analyze biological data
- Expertise in methods that enable functional interpretation of biological data including co-expression, causal inference, pathway enrichment, etc.
- Expertise in genetic/genomic integration (e.g. with scRNAseq, proteomics) is preferred
- Industry and/or translational research experience is preferred
- Experience navigating a matrixed organization is preferred
- Experience in wet lab techniques and the generation of biological data is a plus