3 – 5
The successful candidate will support the identification and validation of novel cancer targets. S/he is expected to be knowledgeable in the application of cutting-edge molecular, cellular, genetic and pharmacological techniques to develop preclinical in vitro and in vivo assays. Using a broad range of innovative approaches, s/he is expected to provide deep mechanistic understanding of the target biology and determine the effects of investigational agents. Additionally, the candidate will have the opportunity to work with external collaborators to advance the Discovery pipeline. The successful candidate is expected to be a team player with demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary scientific project teams in a drug discovery setting.
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- This position will be a member of the core leadership team of early discovery and will take key responsibility in leading R&D projects in target selection and validation, antibody generation and screening, design and execution of in vitro and in vivo functional studies, and development of new technology platforms.
- Leading and supervising a research team to conduct antibody/biologics drug discovery experiment with the goals of discovering, optimizing and delivering new drug candidates for entering CMC and clinical trials.
- Act as a scientific liaison in managing collaborations with different functional groups within the company and external resources.
- Be a key scientific leader in participating in the evaluation and assessment of potential in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities or collaborative research projects.
- Identify and propose key therapeutic targets, areas, indications and technology platforms which may synergize with the company’s current pipelines and platforms.
- Lead all efforts in troubleshooting and solving any technical and scientific issues.
- Contribute to building a positive, team-oriented and results-oriented culture within the team.
- Ph.D. and 8+ years of relevant post-doctoral experience in Immunology, oncology, cell biology or related field, including at least 6 years of research experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical company.
- Proven experience in multiple independently leading projects, candidates and IND enabling.
- Proven experience in leading team(s) of peers and in mentoring junior scientists.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.