External Scientific Collaboration Lead
The Translational Medicine team at I-MAB Biopharma US Limited located in San Diego, California is seeking a highly motivated External Scientific Collaboration Lead (ESCL), at Associate Director/Principal Scientist level, to develop and execute the strategies and tactics for external scientific collaborations. In partnership with other functional groups in Translational Medicine, Discovery and Clinical Development, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and leading strategy for external scientific collaborations on portfolio assets entering clinical development. She/he will identify and collaborate with academic translational sites to optimize the translational strategies and plans for portfolio assets, coordinate scientific knowledge exchange with collaborators and ensure action items are followed through with the team. The successful candidate will also support Business Development, including due diligence activities. The position will report to the head of Translational Medicine team in US.
The successful candidate will have a strong oral and written communication skills, be able to work with limited supervision/high level of autonomy, and effectively coordinate and collaborate with multiple internal and external teams. Extensive background in immunology and oncology is preferred.
- Develop and lead strategy for external scientific collaborations on portfolio assets as they enter clinical development
- Develop and maintain positive professional relationships with investigators at key academic institutions; Identify and collaborate with academic translational sites to optimize the translational strategies and plans for portfolio assets
- Coordinate scientific knowledge exchange with collaborators and ensure action items are followed through with the team, responsible for tracking and managing budget and execution of external scientific and relevant clinical collaborations
- Support Business Development, including due diligence activities
- PhD and/or MD with 3+ years of experience in immunology, oncology or related field in industry is required
- Strategic thinking skills with demonstrated ability to successfully lead the ideation, development of a plan and move to action
- Proven track record of scientific contributions including peer reviewed publications and presentations is preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral; ability to communicate complex information succinctly
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred