This role serves as an expert in the development, validation, transfer and troubleshooting of in vitro assays and in vivo functional studies to support company’s biologic therapeutic portfolio, as well as works as a biology project leader of the internal project to support the project development from the target identification, validation to clinical candidate selection.
- Develop, validate, transfer, and troubleshoot in vitro assays (immunoassays and cell-based assays etc.) and in vivo studies internally and at contract research organizations to support company’s biologic therapeutic portfolio.
- Design and conduct experiments internally and at contract research organizations and interpret results to evaluate and characterize drug-induced immunomodulation of novel therapeutics.
- Develop close and effective partnerships with other nonclinical and clinical pharmacology scientists, PK scientists, safety scientists, research scientists, clinicians and project team to foster a collaborative work environment.
- Evaluate new assay technologies and other applications for improved performance and efficiency of laboratory activities.
- Supervise and manage the activities of research associates.
- Propose and champion new drug target, or pathways for consideration.
- Ph.D. in Immunology, oncology, cell biology or related field with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in pharmaceutical/biotech industry or in an academic setting. Outstanding candidates with a Master’s degree with a minimum of 5 years’ industry experience will also be considered.
- Ability of science driven thinking of target biology rationale, treatment area medical needs.
- Solid training and background in one of following: immunology, oncology, auto-immunity and/or cell biology.
- Experience with biologics projects, could develop and validate biological assays and cell-based functional assays, and design suitable in vivo study to meet needs of projects, within timeline and quality requirement.
- Experience in independently leading projects, candidate nomination and IND enabling.
- Strong scientific skills with the ability to collaborate with project team members.
- Excellent collaboration, communication and decision-making skills.
- Committed to the values of integrity, accountability, transparency, scientific rigor and drive.